Saturday, 15 February 2014

Noisy neighbours: a remedy

My downstairs neighbours seem (from the sounds of it) to be having a party.  I don't begrudge them it because it's Saturday night and they're normally fairly quiet (if anything we're the noisy neighbours!) but I'm really not in the mood for the shitty techno-ish thud, thud, boom, boom music that's vibrating through the floor so I've responded by playing the following album quite loud:



As most people who know me are aware, Sigur Rós are pretty much my favourite band ‒ nay, my favourite artists ‒ of all time.  This album is by the singer/guitarist, Jonsi, and his partner (who isn't in the band), Alex.  I think the rest of them probably helped record it but it's Jonsi and Alex's composition.  Anyway, it's the perfect remedy for the aforementioned predicament ‒ etherial, magisterial soundscapes that hazily, droningly fill up up the whole sound spectrum and lay out a world that you can get lost in.  Just wonderful.  Breathtaking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure the AIME listing in yer blogroll is what you thought it was when you added it

Philip said...

Oh yeah, hah! That's been like that for ages. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

sure, tho given the contrast it's kind of funny tho so i enjoy it on occasion when the absurdity hits me, dirk

Philip said...

I only wish the joke had been intentional!